About Art 1
This course is a foundation offered before Art 2, Art 3, Portfolio Development, and AP Art. It is a great class to take before any other art course here at Fairhaven High including ceramics and creative imaging etc. This course is an introductory and challenging art course surveying various art media and techniques through drawing, painting, color theory and design. The students will engage in sequential art lessons incorporating art production, and art criticism. By the end of this course, students will have a basic understanding of the Principles and Elements of Design. Students will be able to identify, define, and apply these elements.
- Learn and apply Principles and Elements of Design.
- Through practice, develop techniques for successful drawing & painting.
- Gain experience and confidence using a variety of mediums and tools.
- Communicate both verbally and in written form the vocabulary associated with the visual arts.
- Understand and skillfully apply various techniques in the production and
presentation of art work.
- Reflect upon and assess personal work and the work of others effectively in written and oral form.
- Prepare each student for Art 2 or any art class they may elect in the future.
- Build confidence, problem solving skills, communication skills, and most importantly to have fun!